Wednesday, October 15, 2014

L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint Swatches and Review

                             I'm sure we have all seen these L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints all over social media. They sure caught my eye! At first glance they look very similar to a product that Too Faced has on the market. I don't own any of the Too Faced version, but I have swatched them in-store. The packaging is similar, but that's about it. They are both great products in very different ways. These are very highly pigmented and glossy in texture, whereas the Too Faced version is more of a matte finish and don't move around. These are more comparable to the liptars by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I do own a couple of those and have worn them quite a bit. They have a slightly glossy finish, but they stain the lips because the pigmentation is out of this world! 
                                They are available from a few different websites and are so affordable. I ordered mine a couple of months ago from ikatehouse. I'll list some more links at the end of this blog, so check at the bottom. They've added more shades since I placed my order. Many of the newer ones are nudes, neutrals, and deep, vampy tones. There are pinks, purples, reds, and oranges too. I think people with any skin tone will be able to find something with the variety they offer. I like to test the waters before diving in with both feet, so I chose just three colors. I am not huge on returning items, so at $2.99 a pop, I could afford to try a few. Might I mention, prices vary depending on where you purchase. Here are the three shades I ordered. From left to right: Hot Mess, Coy, and Pinup

                                Let's talk about the packaging first. The gold lid unscrews from the tube. The applicator is a typical plastic slant tip. No fancy sponge tip. For precise application, you can certainly use a lip brush to apply. The product inside has a minty scent. Not a sweet, minty smell, but a plain mint. I actually enjoy this smell. It also has slightly cooling sensation on the lips. Nothing extreme, but I notice it. They feel very smooth and gel-like. Not creamy and not sticky. There's a lot of slip, so they aren't going to have an insane 24 hour wear or anything. They can feather outside of the lip line if you apply it with a heavy hand. These do last a few hours without a need to reapply unless you are eating or drinking....then you lose a little bit. I don't mind reapplying because I love how juicy they make the lips look! 

                           This is the color Hot Mess. It's a bold orange that has the tiniest hint of peachy coral. I apologize if I suck at color description. This is how I see it. It's one of those stand out shades and I have worn this out in public. I do what I want! 

                                  The next shade is called Coy. It is a creamy looking bold violet-lavender color. Not quite pastel or neon, but it's definitely for those who love to wear something that says "Look at me!"

                                     This one, I HAD to have. It's called Pinup. That is the perfect description. It's a pinup red that is just plain sexy! Red lips are so ME! I tend to gravitate to red shades and I have never shied away from wearing red anywhere and everywhere.


                                         Do I recommend these? Absolutely! If you love a juicy, glossy look, then you'd enjoy these as long as you don't mind reapplying. On the L.A. Girl website, they are $4 each. That's full price and still a great bargain! Leave your own feedback in the comments and feel free to share. Remember, you are beautiful, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment